Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pisa, Italy

So Saturday we left our hotel and drove what should have been a 3 hour drive to Pisa. Now I said should have been because besides the horrible traffic it was down pouring on us the whole way there.  By the time we got to Pisa and found a parking spot..of course as usual here in Europe the parking is always a mile away from where you actually want to go..it had slowed down to just a drizzle..Yayyyyy for drizzle!!!

This is the breathtaking scene when you first go through the gates!! Notice the clouds up there?!!











I swear it just got more and more beautiful the further we walked into it all.  To see if online is one thing but in real life it really does take your breath away.











Notice all the market sellers on the right...they had just about everything you could ever want from Pisa. All the mini building..which we love and buy them all...and tons of things that had Pisa or the leaning tower on them or all 3 buildings.  I bought a few things of course which I will share in another post all about my goodies from the entire trip.






Ummm is that building leaning?!! Haha  of course it is it's the leaning tower of Pisa..duhhh!!!  :)











There she is....in all her beauty and a breath taking gigantic bell tower!!  Did you all know that the leaning tower of Pisa was actually the bell tower for the cathedral next to it?!!  See not only am I showing you great pics but you are learning..hehe!!!














This is the cathedral!! Gorgeous eh?!!!  I can't tell you enough just how beautiful these buildings are. If you all ever have a chance to go to Italy you will definitely never regret it..rain or shine!!!


As soon as we got all the pics we wanted and headed out to check out the markets those wonderful clouds you see in all the pics opened up and drenched us!! Aaaarghhhhh!!!  We stopped at a little cafe and had lunch, shopped a little bit and then headed back to our hotel soaking wet and totally happy!

4 comments:

Julie Danielle said...

Very cool! We never got to visit there when we were in Germany but it looks like a pretty cool city.

Mom in High Heels said...

Where are the photos of you holing up the tower? I know you had to take them! We were there in May and have tons of photos of us doing what all the other silly tourists were doing too. :)

bailey said...

Awesome! Looks so cool. We haven't gone anywhere special outside of Europe yet, and I'm starting to get the itch to travel. :)

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!! I wish I was there! I'm so jealous!!! I'm glad you are having a great time!

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous and so are the lovely people who leave them for me!! Now spill it sista!!