Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas miracles through the eyes of a child (you will need tissues for this one)

So lately I keep having these mom moments with my kids that make me laugh or cry or smile or even question where they go that from.  I love those moments where your kids do stuff that amaze you or make you so proud it brings you to tears. It seems lately though my kids have been on this roll with the mom moments and I have come to the realization that my kids rule!  Yeah yeah I know I am totally prejudice but I do have proof and here it goes.

Moment number 1: child: Mom can I have some money to play video games?
Me: yes here (handing her $20)
child: That's too much! (gets change and bring me back $15)
Me: (open mouthed) Thanks!

Moment number 2: child: Mom I would like to buy some presents for people but I don't have enough money.
Me: How much do you need?
child: I think $20 is a lot for someone with nothing.
Me: what do you mean?
child: I saw a girl on the other aisle who told her mom she wanted something and her mom said "sorry I can't get you that" So I thought maybe since I have a lot of money and I don't need that toy I can give her what she wants instead.
Me: show me the toy (it was a littlest pet shop house for $39) now where is the girl (she is sitting on the floor looking at more toys and her mom is frantically going through her wallet trying to see how much money she has)
child: excuse me but here (handing the mom the toy and the money to pay for it) I would like to get this for her (pointing at the little girl).
Me: please this was all her idea and she really wants to do this for you and your daughter
The mom: Starts tearing up and hugs my child and runs off to pay for the gift.
child:mom that was the best christmas present ever! (hugs me)
Me: sweety you are the kindest person I know and I am so glad you asked me for the money.


Now if that didn't make you tear up just now then maybe this will...
As we are walking out of the store we see the mom and child waiting at the bus stop to catch the bus. We stop and ask where they are going and if we can offer them a ride. The mom says "yes that would be wonderful thank you" and they both get in. The little girl spends the whole ride telling my child how her mommy said they are going to have the best christmas ever thanks to an angel she ran into at the store.  I about lost it right there but held it together and just smiled at the woman. When we dropped them off we both wished each other a Merry Christmas and the mom once again said to me "I can't thank you enough and I hope you know that you are our angel"
Yes I pulled over at the next street just to cry and to tell my child that she was special.

So have you had any mommy moments lately that not only made you proud of your kid but let you know just how much they actually listen to you when you talk?!

I will never forget this Christmas and the special moment my daughter gave me and that other little girl!

3 comments:

Mom in High Heels said...

What a great story and what sweet kids you have. You already knew that though.

Gia said...

Awwww that is so sweet. Merry Christmas!

ali said...

Keep in mind a resume is just part of the puzzle. It should always a wise idea to keep it up-to-date and eye-catching. The resume alone will not decide your eligibility for the intended position. Employers are seeking confident and dedicated people that can help their positions. Consider your different strengths and highlight them.bhakti Bhajan
Religion Bhajan

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous and so are the lovely people who leave them for me!! Now spill it sista!!