Thursday, April 22, 2010

What a long day.....

So I got up this morning and got the girls up for school and put DD2 on the school bus. Normal morning right?!! NOT!!  As soon as the bus took off with her DD1 and I got in the truck and headed off to her school. She had a field trip today. I volunteered to chaperone simply because it was to the zoo and botanical gardens and I had never been to the botanical gardens here.  So each parent was assigned a group of kids and I ended up with a really great group!  I had 4 girls including DD1 and they listened and we all had a great time.  We were bused to the zoo and then walked over to the botanical gardens. My feet are killing me especially since I had just started getting my ankles back to normal from Paris..oyyyyy!!!!

So let me share a few pics with you.....now some of these will be of backs of kids and that is basically because I refuse to put a picture of someone elses child on my blog without their permission...

So on the roof of the outside building of the zoo we saw a stork building it's nest. It was really pretty cool to see..




So as I am telling the girls to look at the stork someone says "is that a stork or a crane?" Now I am no genious...ok ok stop laughing..so I say "ummm I am not sure but I am calling it a stork". Yes I know good answer for middle schoolers right?!!  Baahaaahahaaa







We saw a lot of babies on this trip and it was pretty neat.  I think the girls liked the goats the best because they could feed them. The only problem is once you went into the pen to feed them then you had to try and get out of there without letting them out. Seriously I think it took us like about 15 minutes to get all the girls out of there...

It was a total open the gate, duck out and run operation let me tell you!!  Run girls ruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuun!!!




DD1 thought this guy was sooo cool because as soon as she walked up to the glass he sat down and stared at her. It was pretty funny!  Here they are having a moment together...*snicker* can you see the love?!!!!






I love the sea lions at the zoo they always look so happy and they love to do tricks for you!









Our absolute favorite though had to be the lions!! I have never heard a lion roar in real life until we came to this zoo. It is really an exciting event!!  Aren't they gorgeous?  I just want to adopt one and take it home!!  Crazy? Maybe!






Then it was off to the botanical gardens...

As the tour guide was telling us all about how long it has been here in Heidelberg and I was getting totally fascinated with the history as soon as he said cocoa tree I lost all concentration and all I could think of was "chocolate? where?"!  I know I have issues!





We walked around and saw some really neat things and learned so much I never knew it was a really great trip.  We saw tons of different fruit trees and I had never seen a banana tree in real life and OMG they are huuge!!!  I did fall in love with one tree that had the most beautiful flowers and I have no idea what it is and of course got so caught up I forgot to ask..grrrrrrrr..but here is a pic maybe one of you knows what it is and can tell me..




Sooo anyone know????  Aren't those the most beautiful things you have ever seen on a tree??!!  I love love love it!!







Now as much as I would love to share some pics of the cocoa tree, papaya trees,mango trees, banana trees and a few others of course what would happen but my camera fudged on me AGAIN!!  Can you say new camera??!!!!  It started saying memory card error which is what happened with our pics of Paris so I did not do what it said for me to do and I put the camera away to hopefully save what pics I did have on the card.  Yes I did learn from my mistake and unfortunately it just meant no more pics for me!!!

Well the day went fabulous and other then my stupid camera flaking on me and my feet killing me I really enjoyed the whole thing!!
Did I mention that at the end of the tour of the botanical gardens they offered us some of the fruits from their trees....mmmmmmmmm  we had fresh pineapple, mangos, cantaloupe, bananas, star fruit, avocado, peanuts and a little orange thing I have no idea what it is but I have had it before and it is very tart and I am not a fan!!

Any who thanks for reading and I hope maybe someone out there will be able to tell me what flower that is!!
Until next time...

A Bientot my friends!

1 comments:

Kel said...

What a fun looking trip! I'm glad you all had a great time!

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous and so are the lovely people who leave them for me!! Now spill it sista!!