Monday, December 20, 2010

Holidays, Friends, and totally slacking...

Ok so far this year I have managed to barely scrape by on getting everything done. You would think I work a full time job but really I only volunteer. I always thought that volunteering would just give me that feeling of being a part of something and yet not having to fully commit to too much....man oh man was I wrong!!

So far everything I have volunteered for has become an every day event and every time I think it is going to slow down it has just gotten worse. I do love being a part of things and the feeling of accomplishment is great but it is now time to reevaluate and try again. Some things are just going to have to stop and as hard as that is for me to say I just can't keep going like I have been.

I have several people whom I need to get letters or cards out to..you know who you are....and please accept my deepest appologies for not getting them done so far. I have not forgotten about you nor have I just ignored the fact that I need to do them I just honestly have yet to have the time to get them done. Heck my Holiday cards are still not addressed and sent out and it is less then a week until Christmas, Hannukah passed a while ago and now I am feeling a little overwhelmed. So those of you who are expecting things from me..I am so so sorry and I promise it will get done!! Just give me time please.

I have had a hard time getting into the spirit this year and I really wasn't even sure why until I stopped one day to listen to a dear friend explain to me how this time of year is so hard for her due to a loss and it just seems to be harder during the holidays. I TOTALLY GET IT NOW!!!  Although it has been a little over a year since my little brother passed away it still hurts and it still affects me apparently more then even I realized it did. Poor Mr. M has tried everything this year to get my into the spirit and even gave me an early present..yupp you heard that right I got a present early!! Neener neener ya'll!! Seriously though I wish I could say that made me feel better but it really didn't. Don't get me wrong I totally love my new ipod touch..woohooo! It is fabulous and I have had so much fun adding all kinds of neat stuff to it but it has not improved my mood.

Maybe it hasn't helped that I am still waiting on some gifts to arrive in the mail or maybe it's because so many things have gone wrong so far this year that just couldn't be helped but no matter what the spirit is just not here for me yet. I suppose with the girls out of school and being constantly bombarded by "is it Christmas yet?" and " can we open just one present?" it might start to hit me but we shall see.

I do wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a sincere appology to those who are waiting for me to get stuff done but all in all I just want to say that I wish all of you the happiest of times with your families and friends and hope that no one else is having such a hard time as my friend and myself are having.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know exactly how you feel! I hate that I don't have much done this year, but with getting sick right before we moved, I guess we didn't have much of a choice. Ah maybe next year! LOL!

Kasey said...

It's so funny how things can affect us and we don't even know it. It's perfectly understandable and I'm sure you're family and friends will be ok with some late cards! I didn't send any Christmas cards this year because we were just too busy so you're not the only one!

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous and so are the lovely people who leave them for me!! Now spill it sista!!