Saturday, September 17, 2011

Autothechnik museum, Guttenberg castle and an award....

Wow so much has gone on the past few weeks and I know, I know I am the worstest blogger ever!! Yes I know worstest is not  a word but it seems quite fitting right now so go with it, k?!

We have been doing a few outings but mostly we have been busy busy busy. I think once school started someone opened up the busy gate and apparently it is not closing anytime soon. There is a bazaar this weekend in Ramstein and yet it seems that we will not be going due to Mr. M having to work the weekend and getting prepared for our bazaar at the same time.  I love the bazaars and think that they are fantastic for the community as well as giving some people who do not travel an opportunity to pick up a few things from other places around Europe.

Being on the bazaar committee this year has been a whole other job in itself and one that I have to say has opened up my eyes to just how much work goes into these things. So let's get to what I have been doing. The few things I have done were fantastic and things that I am glad we had the opportunity to do while we were here.

We went to the Autotechnik museum in Sinsheim, Germany and it was a blast!! There is also one in Speyer but not as big as this one. To say that I climbed into a French concorde plane that was bolted to the ceiling and hanging over the side of the building would be an example of all the fabulous things we were able to do and see.  Scarey yes but fabulous!!!!

A few pics from our trip....

 the concorde we climbed into on the roof..
 ain't she a beauty?!?!
 one of the many organs they have. You put a coin in and it plays music. Soo neat!!
 the slide that comes out of an airplane. DD2 went up and down it atleast 20 times!
 DD1 prefered laying around in the spinning disc.
 my poor attempt to take a picture from inside the plane to show how high we were.
this was a polizei bike hung from the ceiling. It was so funny looking with 10 seats and lights and sirens on the front. Can you imagine being chased down by this?!?!










The next trip we took was to Guttenberg castle to see the flight show. It was amazing to see these giant birds they have and to have them fly directly over your head almost touching you. The wind from their wings was incredible...

 the view from the flight show area
 the birds waiting their turn for the show..
 See what I mean by right over your head!?!
 all the birds were just gorgeous..
 I will admit I ducked quite a few times when they flew over..
 these birds were so funny..they waddle when they walk and the man kept throwing them off the edge so they would fly around and come waddling back..
 beautiful door to the castle..

what Guttenberg castle used to look like...












So that would just about take us up to today where hopefully we will get to go to the Ramstein bazaar and I can show you a lot more pictures.  One thing I would like to tell you though is that I was given an award and had my blog listed as one of the top 100 military blogs by Veterans benefits page. I was really surprised to get the email but apparently they haven't noticed how much of a slacker I have been lately....whoopsie!!!!

So thanks to them you can click on the award on my page and check out some of the other great blogs who also received the award along with all the info that the page gives out. Interested in the GI bill then click that button and go check it out!!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Mrs. M :)

Stopping by to let you know I nominated you for a blog award. :)

http://mrsoslife.blogspot.com/2011/09/blog-award-versatile-blogger.html

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous and so are the lovely people who leave them for me!! Now spill it sista!!