Saturday, March 19, 2011

Rained out bbq, funny visitors and the phone call....

Ok ok yes I am actually blogging on a Saturday. You may not get up off the floor and continue reading.  So I told you all that I had received a phone call the other day that really made my day.  There are few things that I truly enjoy about  being a stay at home mom and one of them is volunteering in the schools with my girls.  I decided at the beginning of the school year to join the PTSA at the middle school and then was talked into joining the PTA at the elementary school as well.  Wow I had no idea how much work it would be to try to juggle both of those.  I have worked my tail off and had a blast doing it!  Of course I am also a pretty shy person and anytime someone would say something to me about how much I do or thanks for all I do I just  take the compliments and change the subject. I do love volunteering and I love the pride my girls have when they say to someone that I am their mom when I am at some event doing my job.  Other then that I need no thanks and honestly don't want it.  So Thursday after running around all morning volunteering I finally get home to settle down for about an hour before going to get DD2 from school when the phone rings. It is the volunteer coordinator for our area. She asked me if I had spoken with anyone from the middle school and I told her no. She then said " Well then I get the pleasure of telling you that you have been voted the volunteer of the year for the middle school"  I swear I think I fainted just a bit and I know my face turned beet red!!!  I was shocked and humbled and then completely terrified when she told me I would need to attend a dinner to be given my award!! Ohhhhh dear!!!!  I have never been able to get up in front of a group of people without turning beet red to do anything...what am I going to do?!?!?!  Yikes!!!  I guess we will just have to see how it all goes...cross your fingers for me please!!

So we were supposed to bbq today with a group of friends but we woke up to rain, rain, and more rain..BOOOOOOOO!!!!  I was so looking forward to just sitting around the grill talking, laughing and having a good time but now we are at a loss for what to do.  We might be able to bbq tommorrow if the weather cooperates but we shall see.  For now we are just relaxing and thinking and laughing. Oh what are we laughing at you ask?!?! Well as of last night we are dog sitting for some friends..Yay me!!  Now we brought the dog home and watched as the dog growled at the cats and the cats hissed at the dog. There was a lot of whinig and hissing and growling last night..all of which we deeply enjoyed...for reals!!!!    It is going to be a long few weeks I suspect but I really do hope that the cats will get used to the dog eventually.  I still have yet to download all the pics off my camera so I will have to do that soon and share them with you.

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend and please pray for my poor cats that they will stop feeling threatened and just all get along!!

1 comments:

Jennifer Bowen said...

Congratulations! You, of all people, truly deserve the award. You're one of the most hardworking volunteer I know. Awesome job!!!

And yeah, this weather is awful! We were looking forward to having a beautiful weekend, but we're stuck with rain instead. =(

Post a Comment

Comments are fabulous and so are the lovely people who leave them for me!! Now spill it sista!!